Motherhood and Beyond

To be a mom is the most rewarding job in the whole world. But it can also be the most difficult. Motherhood and Beyond is peeping into the world of being a mom, but at the same time a wife, a friend and much more. Life doesn't always go easy and some may not know it now, but there is nothing more precious than life. So I welcome you to join us. Follow in our daily routines, our special activities and just enjoy the ride!! TO MOTHERHOOD AND BEYOND!!!!!!!!!!

Thursday, December 10, 2009

First Snowstorm of the Year

The first snowstorm of the season has hit.  It has the house on lockdown pretty much. Damon and Lili are home from school. I am home from work.  The wind is blowing like crazy! The snow is pouring out of the sky. Drifts are feet high against some buildings.
 
I am happy to say we are all safe.  I tried to head to work, but failed. So Ryan had to come get me. The kids were excited to have mom home. We had chicken noodle soup for supper with grilled cheese sandwiches. I made a pan of cheesecake brownies for them to snack on. I enjoyed a cup of hot cocoa after the kids went to bed. We watched the movie with Ben Stiller and the Smithsonian Museum. It was a good movie. All four of us were laying in our king sized bed enjoying the movie and staying warm.  Later in the evening they cancelled school so I knew the kids could sleep in.
 
So this morning we all slept in and then we got up and had eggs and toast for breakfast. Then all hell broke loose and I remember why I love having my children go to school. They fought over EVERYTHING!  We started playing PS3 and Damon got mad cause Lili doesn't know how to play and he screams at her and then hits her. So we shut it off and he sat in time out.  Lili dumped her moon sand she had gotten as a gift all over the dining room floor..not once but twice. And ground it in the rug because she was walking around in her boots.  But they both ate a nice lunch of mac and cheese and chicken strips and were good the rest of the day. Lili even took a nice long nap.  I was able to get some laundry done and some dishes.
 
Ryan had to come home and shovel us out. Poor man is beat right now. He said he is ready for bed so the kids are going to bed early so he can get to bed himself.  I made it to work no problem. There were some spots that were touchy, but NOTHING even close to last night.  Hopefully my drive home is okay tonight. I am glad we invested in cell phones cause they have already helped us out big time.
 
I'm glad that we live in a small town, with the comfort of knowing everyone and what not, but Iowa sucks this time of year! I hate driving in this stuff and part of me is ready to get the heck out of the snow range.  Ryan said he if goes anywhere it will be south enough to where there is no snow. I said what Florida? He said sure..I was like uh no, they have hurricanes, not gonna happen. I would be happy in like South Carolina. Warm enough where there isn't blizzards like this, but there can still be snow every few years and that way the kids can still play in the snow. But I know that is just a dream.

No comments: