Motherhood and Beyond

To be a mom is the most rewarding job in the whole world. But it can also be the most difficult. Motherhood and Beyond is peeping into the world of being a mom, but at the same time a wife, a friend and much more. Life doesn't always go easy and some may not know it now, but there is nothing more precious than life. So I welcome you to join us. Follow in our daily routines, our special activities and just enjoy the ride!! TO MOTHERHOOD AND BEYOND!!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

monday

Today is Monday, February 1st. Wow how things have changed in a year.  Last year at this time, I was so.....lost but yet knowing where I wanted to be.  I knew that I had to overcome the codependency issues I was having and I knew that I wanted to strength my marriage and my family by growing myself into a better person.
 
I am now a full time college student working on my degree. I have a full time job with amazing benefits, including tuition reimbursement that helps pay for the degree.  Ryan and I have been communicating 10x more than we ever have in our marriage and I am thankful for that.  I am still unstable. I still need help. But I know now that turning my back on my problems will get me no where. I need to stand tall and fight back against the power.
 
One of my resolutions I set at the beginning of the year was to get myself healthy and lose weight.  I can hear you saying, but everyone says that.  Well you're right. Everyone does set goals like that at the beginning of the year.  I set that same goal last year.  At one point I was losing weight, but after the depression sank in, I didn't go anywhere with that goal.  And so this year I am getting ready to surpass that goal.  I have been chosen to represent our town in a 6 person Extreme Weightloss Competition that starts this Thursday. I go for my meeting on Thursday and get weighed in and do all the measurements and such. I am extremely excited about this and can't wait to start kicking some butt and looking great and FEELING great. I have been so tired and run down over the last 2 months that I need energy, I need something like this to get me going. And to be chosen is such an honor!! I get a free pass to all the classes going on down at the rec center and it's all followed on the radio. I will post the website so you guys can follow my journey and see how well I do!!!
 
Well, better do an update on everyone since it is a new year and a new month.
 
Damon is doing amazing in school. He loves to go and has hated that they have missed so much school this year due to weather. First it was blizzards and then ice storms and then fog and then more blizzard and then more ice.  Iowa has been crazy this year for winter weather.  He had a great 6th birthday, enjoying bowling with five of his friends from school.  He has been enjoying all the gifts from Christmas, especially the Wii they got.  He is learning to read and struggling with tying his shoes.  He does really well with numbers and also with art.  He struggles with leadership skills, which I had to chuckle about because I believe in my kindergarten book it talks about my issues with being a leader and being "bossy" I think is the exact word to describe me.  Damon takes after me a lot!  Especially when it comes to school. Lili takes after her dad. She goes because she has to, enjoys her time and then comes home.  He is getting very excited for spring to come so he can head outside and play again.
 
Liliann is growing up so fast.  A year ago you couldn't understand half of what was coming out of her mouth. Now, after speech therapy sessions, her speech is getting so much better and she takes the time to say the words instead of just rushing through what she wants to say. She has grown so tall and beautiful in just a year. She is going to be a rebel though that one. She is very tough, knows what she wants and when she wants it. She has to be in charge...sadly, she gets that from me as well. The feeling of always having to be in control.  Hopefully she learns to harness that power and use it in a positive way instead of letting it be something that holds her back in life.
 
Ryan is still at Gomaco on the loading dock.  He is very ready for spring so he can ride again.
 
That is pretty much it on the update front. 
 

No comments: